Responsible gambling is an important part of playing online casinos and enjoying new casino bonus offers.
Many people enjoy gambling and playing at online casinos. They may enjoy the element of luck that are part of casino games. On the other hand, they may enjoy the competitive nature of games. Whatever your reasons for playing, it is important to play safely.
Please remember that you be over 18 years of age to gamble in the UK.
Preventing Problem Gambling
Gambling should be fun. To help keep it that way, there are a number of tips to help you bet sensibly.
- Gambling is not a way of making money. You should consider gambling as a form of entertainment. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
- Only gamble with money that you can afford to lose. If you win then it will be a bonus. If you lose then you won’t feel stressed and anxious.
- Don’t chase losses. Trying to win back money by gambling with money you can’t afford to lose can lead to serious problems . Set your limits and stick to them.
- Know your limits. Set financial and time limits for your gambling. When you hit the limit then go and do something else.
- Don’t gamble when you are anxious, upset or depressed.
- Take regular breaks. Gambling continuously will have a negative impact on your judgement.
- Do other things. Gambling should not be your only form of entertainment. You should be having fun and gambling should only make up part of a well-balanced lifestyle.
How to Spot a Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is a serious issue. Persistent and recurring problematic gambling behaviour can be indicated if you have experienced four or more of the following in a 12-month period:
- The need to gamble with more and more money to achieved the same desired excitement.
- Feeling more restless or irritable when attempting to cut down gambling.
- Made repeated unsuccessful attempts to stop, control or cut back your gambling.
- Gambling when feeling distressed in some way, such as anxious, depressed, lonely or guilty.
- Feeling preoccupied with gambling or thinking of ways to find money to gamble.
- Lied to conceal gambling losses.
- Chased losses.
- Put jobs, relationships or your career in jeopardy because of gambling.
- Relied on others for financial help as a result of gambling.
Problem Gambling Support
If you feel that you have a gambling problem, gambling addiction or compulsive gambling then there is a lot of help available. Gambleaware, GamCare and the Responsible Gambling Trust all offer free, confidential support and advice.